KMail Filters

Stephan Matthiesen Stephan.Matthiesen at ed.ac.uk
Mon May 10 09:40:44 BST 2004

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 9. Mai 2004 21:25 schrieb Alexander Nordström:
> Also note that using regular expressions on the whole message body is a Bad
> Idea if you intend to apply filters on entire folders or if you receive
> large amounts of messages at a time. The good news is that
> Content-Disposition is a header which you can manually enter in the first
> field of the filter rule (I haven't verified it with this particular header
> though).

Good point. But I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work. Are you sure? In
the mails that I have, the "Content-disposition" is not actually a header (at
least not for multi-part mails with attachment), but comes after the message
text, before the attachment. It seems to me that you have to filter the whole
message body, but I might have overlooked something.

What about two conditions:

Body matches Content-Disposition: attachment
AND
Body matches regex Content-Disposition:\s*filename=.*\.(exe|pif)

Is the second one only evaluated if the first is true, or is it checked in any
case?

Cheers
Stephan