KMail Filters

Stephan Matthiesen Stephan.Matthiesen at ed.ac.uk
Sun May 9 20:45:46 BST 2004

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 9. Mai 2004 19:48 schrieb Thomas McGuire:
> On Sunday May 9 2004 20:17, Fabien3D wrote:
> > Is it possible to configure any filter or POP3 filter to delete
> > any incoming message containing an attached file ? I'd like to
> > delete messages with .exe or .pif attachements.
>
> No, I think it is not possible. With the newest CVS version of
> KMail, it is possible to check IF the mail has an attachment, but
> not WHICH (exe,pif etc.).

Is it not possible to filter for
"<Message body>" contains "Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=*.pif"

I'm not sure if this will work on all .pifs (and nothing else), but I tried it
on a few and it seems ok to me.

I don't have any mails with .exe, but presumably it is the same line with
*.exe at the end.

Hope that helps....

Greetings from sunny Scotland
Stephan