No mp3 support in k3b

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sun May 9 12:11:38 BST 2004

On Sun, 09 May 2004 11:09:46 +0200
Carsten Schlipf <carsten at yeap.de> wrote:

> Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> [...]
> > Ooops, almost forgot the error message that I get when I try to drag
> > mp3's to an audio cd project:
> > "Unable to handle the following files due to an unsupported format:"
> [...]
>
> Could it be that Fedora (RedHat) is still so stupid and remove mp3
> support from everything just because of possible licensing issues?
>
> Maybe your K3B got updated by an official Fedora K3B package during
> the last update?

Hello, Carsten :)
That last statement could not be the case, since I have applied no
updates whatsoever since I installed Fedora Core 2, Test Release 3.  In
fact, I haven't been able to find a YUM repository with the updates for
FC2TR3.  The only things that I have "Updated" on FC2TR3 are, I believe,
KDE and QT.  I have installed Lame, but I haven't tried it since I
installed it.  But I see no reason why it wouldn't work.  Interesting
thought I just had: K3B from KDE CVS HEAD had stopped compiling
completely (under Fedora Core 1) a few weeks ago.  In fact, I started
having issues compiling KDE CVS HEAD on FC1, but when I switched to
FC2TR3, everything compiled and installed perfectly, no hassles :)

Anyway, going to recheck bugzilla.redhat.com for k3b :)
Steven P. Ulrick