No mp3 support in k3b

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sun May 9 09:05:57 BST 2004

Hello, Everyone :)
This subject is a mystery to me, because mp3 support has always "just
worked" for me with k3b.
Anyway, let me describe our system, and then the exact error that I get
when I try to drag mp3's to an audio cd project in k3b.
Operating System: Fedora Core 2, Test Release 3, no updates installed
QT: 3.3.1 from the official TrollTech source tarball
KDE: From CVS HEAD - prefix /usr/local/kde-cvs
Lame: from CVS - prefix /usr
id3lib: from most recent source - prefix /usr
taglib: from kdesupport - CVS HEAD - prefix is the same as the KDE
prefix
In case you are wondering about why I have taglib and id3lib installed,
it's because only taglib was installed when I first saw this problem,
and the only reference that I found on google about this said I should
link "/usr/lib/libid3-3.8.so.3" to
"/usr/local/kde-cvs/lib/libid3-3.8.so.3"  Also, I have taglib installed
so Juk will compile.

Ooops, almost forgot the error message that I get when I try to drag
mp3's to an audio cd project:
"Unable to handle the following files due to an unsupported format:"

I searched the kde-devel, kde-user, fedora-core and fedora-test lists
for every reference to k3b, but I found nothing about this problem.  I
could have sworn that I had seen a reference to this recently :(

In closing, if this is something real obvious, I do apologize for any
inconvenience that I may have caused you :)

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick