KDE 3.2.2 Info Center is empty.

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun May 9 06:00:18 BST 2004

Michael Stepanov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just updated KDE on Fedora Core 1 from rpms
> up 3.2.2. But there were some problems.
>
> Some of applications have disappeared from main menu
> and if I open Info Center it's absolutely empty!

Somehow, your new menu system is screwed.  Try renaming: /usr/share/applnk
to /usr/share/applnk.save and reinstall kdelibs and kdebase (with "--force").

NOTE: I do not advocate using the: "--force" option with RPM, but when
reinstalling an RPM that is already installed, it is the correct thing to
do.  Do NOT use it for other things unless you know what you are doing.

--
JRT