Change in Konq behaviour

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri May 7 05:10:43 BST 2004

Thanks Des
I'm not holding the button for too long but I had been playing with the mouse
setting in KDE cntrl ctr. Now I have reset them to defaults konq is behaving
as normal. Problem though - I had altered them to try and overcome a problem
when clicking through directory trees. Even short clicks on a directory were
selecting it for copy. I reported this as a bug. I'm using an rf optical
mouse that has a lot of gain and have noticed that windoze 2k seems to have
one or two problems with this type of mouse. Fade in drop downs sometimes
hangs semi transparent. On KDE I've also had erratic movement and sudden
jumps in the wrong direction. The gain is so high that I have to slow right
down on a select and the cursor movement is sometimes a bit odd at that
point. Any thoughts anybody?
I've also tried 2 roller ball rf mice with lower gain. These are easier to use
but still suffer the select as copy problem and less frequent erratic
movement. Same 2k issue though. No problems with an rf keyboard. The mice
sleep unless they are used. The optical rf's have to be clicked to awaken
them as the led has to be alight to detect movement.
This is all happening on a 2.6+ athlon, suse9 and ps2 incase that has anything
to do with it. Mice and keyboard from Trust and one roller ball from Pakard
Bell. It's an excellent keyboard by todays standards. I still long for the
keyboard feel that used to be shipped with Vax etc though.
regards
          john