Panes' synchronization in KFM.

ddtl umail at km.ru
Mon May 3 23:51:10 BST 2004

Hello,

I have a couple of questions concerning configuration of KFM:

1) How can I configure KFM to show hidden files as a default -
currently, in order to show hidden files, I have to enter a directory
and set "Show hidden files", which poses two problems: first of all I
don't want to do it for every single directory on my PC. Also, in order to
remember the settings, KFM creates a special file in every directory
in which "Show hidden files" is set, but I don't have write privileges
for most directories.

2) My KFM is configured to show directory tree (Navigation Panel) in the left
pane and file list in the right pane.

Is it possible to synchronize those panes, so that when I change directory
in the tree - it is also changed in the file list: currently, in order to
do that you have to press "Return", and I want it to happen automatically
(preferably with some (configurable?) delay, so that I won't get "stuck"
waiting for file listing while browsing the tree if I pass a directory
with a lot of files en route to a destination directory).

(Actually, this is a default behavior of Windows' "explorer".)

ddtl.