knode and windows

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at blazenet.net
Sat May 1 20:32:11 BST 2004

When I started to use knode,  all three of the panels were contained within a
single window.  Since that time,  I've somehow managed to get it to where
each of the views (group list, articles list, and article viewer) are in
their own window.  It's possible,  fiddling with what's there,  to combine
the articles list and the articles viewer,  but I can't get them all three in
one window the way it used to be.  I thought that perhaps a recent upgrade
would affect this situation,  but that turned out not to be the case.  That
suggests that some config file is responsible for this behavior -- would
anybody be able to point me toward what file I'd need to edit to fix this?

Also,  I used to be able to hit the "D" key and have it "Mark message as
read",  but now it doesn't do that any more -- it simply moves my "current"
pointer to the next message whose subject line starts with a D!  I'm thereby
forced to right-click,  and either select that option or hit "R" (though
sometimes that doesn't work and takes me to the next message whose subject
line starts with an R!).  Any suggested fix for this?