fonts overlappings on the desktop

Hernani Marques Madeira hernani at tuners.ch
Sun Mar 28 14:51:12 BST 2004

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:47:09 +0100
Clemens Wacha <clemens.wacha at gmx.net> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 28. März 2004 15:19 schrieb Hernani Marques Madeira:
> > Hello @ all!
> >
> > Is someone else having this problem?
> >
> > See attached PNG file for an illustration.
> >
> > I'm using KDE 3.2.1 on NetBSD 1.6K (i386) with XFree86 4.4.0.
>
> Looks like the "Shadow" I have on my desktop. Maybe you should
> increase colour density or disable the shadow.
>
> Goto the properties of your background and below the Monitor preview
> click on "advanced options" (or similar. I am using DE). You
> probably need to resize the window to make it appear. In the dialog
> you can disable the shadow

Yeah, I've privately received a mail. It's because of shadows.
After disabling it looks "normal".

Thanks to both of you.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:30:21 -0300
From: Henrique Pinto <henrique.pinto at kdemail.net>
To: Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani at tuners.ch>
Subject: Re: [kde] fonts overlappings on the desktop

Hi!

Em Dom 28 Mar 2004 10:19, você escreveu:
> Is someone else having this problem?

It's not a problem. It is text shadows for desktop icons. You can make them
better or disable them completely in "Control Center" -> "Appearance &
Themes" -> "Background" -> "Advanced Options".