K Menu Files

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Mar 27 12:11:22 GMT 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 13:07, Sebastiano Pomata wrote:
> il Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:40:11 -0700
>
> James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> ha scritto:
> > Sebastiano Pomata wrote:
> > > I've searched in my .kde directory, but I could'nt find where the
> > > information about my menu items are stored. Where can I find them? I
> > > need to copy a menu for two users of my system. thanks
> >
> > Starting with 3.2.0, there are also files in:
> >
> > 	$HOME/.local/share/applications
> > 	$HOME/.local/share/desktop-directories
>
> In this directory, I found olny settings files for some apps, but not
> the file with Menu items and structure. Where is it? I use KDE 3.2.0,
> and I need to copy the menu content of root to my normal user.

The menu is created from the entries of the global directories and modified by
the entries of the directories mentioned by James.

The structure is generated by the KMenu code using the information of the
files.

So if you copy the local modifications to the new user, the menu should be the
same for both users.

Cheers,
Kevin

--