Is CUPS Broken under 3.2 -- solved?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Mar 18 17:45:40 GMT 2004

Marian POPESCU wrote:

>>> There seems to be a problem with your ghostscript configuration ...
>>> Make sure you have in the file /usr/share/ghostscript/7.07/lib/Fontmap
>>>
>>> something like
>>>
>>> %!
>>> % See Fontmap.GS for the syntax of real Fontmap files.
>>> (/etc/fonts/Fontmap) .runlibfile
>>> (Fontmap.GS) .runlibfile

> Glad to help. I was in the same situation a few weeks ago ...
> When updating your KDE, this file is overwritten by some obscure reason
> with an empty one ...
> Be sure to check it when you update again ...

Any idea how/why the file /etc/fonts/Fontmap gets generated?  It exists and
contains what appears to be a bunch of useful entries on one of my rh
boxes, but doesn't exist on another box of mine.  That file doesn't seem to
be owned by an rpm, so where did/does it come from?

-- Rex