Printing via Konqueror

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Mar 17 03:29:42 GMT 2004

Des Dougan wrote:
> In that other OS, I can select files, right click and select "Print"
> (with the default application). Can I do this in Konq? I can't see a
> menu option to allow me to do this.

AFAIK, you can't do that in *NIX.

It might be possible for you to set it up if (and only if) your application
will print a file using the command line.  But, this would be for each
application, there is no general way to do it.

If the application will print from the command line you need to add the
command to the: 'desktop' file like it is for: "Eject":

	[Desktop Action Eject]
	Exec=/usr/bin/eject /dev/hdc
	Name=Eject

	[Desktop Entry]
	Actions=Eject

So it would be something like this in the 'desktop' file for the menu:

	[Desktop Action Print]
	Exec="/usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/program/swriter" -p %F
	Name=Print

	[Desktop Entry]
	Actions=Print

Where the: "Exec" needs to be the correct command for your application.
This is for OpenOffice Writer.  I haven't tried this but it should work.

--
JRT