kdevelop does not work with C++ ??????????????

enine enine at ninefamily.com
Tue Mar 16 19:06:27 GMT 2004

From: David Harel <hareldvd at ergolight-sw.com>
Date:  Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:20:19 +0200

>I use RH9.
>The RPM files I took was from:
>ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.2.1/RedHat/Fedora/i386/
>I did a full upgrade to KDE3.2.1 using the files in the above location
>including the kdevelop package.
>
>The installation was irritating. First I did rpm -U --force --nodeps to
>all the packages I wanted but since I had problems with kdevelop I
>uninstalled all the KDE and QT packages and installed the new version
>making sure I got no dependency problems. This was very annoying because
>I had to do find the order of the packages to be installed by trial on
>error but this is not the end of the story.
>I had to install many packages that were not part of RH 9/Fedora like
>libmusicbrainz in order to have my machine up-to-date. Also I had to
>revert to older version some packages I already had like openssl and
>liblm_sensors. This is really irritating.
>
>I think KDE people should make sure they use generic base machine like
>RH 9 and verify which packages should be updated and they should at

I used to run RH9 so I think the above sentence is the problem.  I found that with KDE and almost any other application that RH put things in non generic places which caused me problems with most programs I tried to install.  I could be way off base here but everything I did in redhat had to be done different that in any other distribution.  If your willing to help out then you could doc what you had to do to get it working as redhat specific instructions.

Sent via the HostPortal WebMail system at ninefamily.com