kxkb problem

Steve Johnson sjohnson at sjohnson.info
Thu Mar 11 19:46:43 GMT 2004

Hi,

I currently have a RH Enterprise ES 3.0 system on which I compiled all
of KDE through Konstruct. Just about everything is working fine, but I
can't get kxkb to start at all... When I try to start it, it gives the
following error message:

kxkb: ERROR: X server XKB extension 0.0 != 1.0
kxkb: xkb initialization failed, exiting...
ERROR: Communication problem with kxkb, it probably crashed.

Could there be a missing library, or something else that was needed for
compilation? Or anything else that might help solve this problem?

Thanks a lot :)
Steve Johnson