Dissapearing Icons in KDE 3.2.1

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Wed Mar 10 21:27:23 GMT 2004

Hello, Everyone :)
I just installed KDE 3.2.1 on our system, and almost everything seems to
be just fine so far.  The only problem that I've seen so far is the fact
that the icons seem to have dissapeared on a few applications.  The
one's I've noticed this on so far are:
Bibletime
Krename
Kover
Krusader

As you will notice, the above mentioned applications are all KDE-based
(i.e.: require QT to build)  I have not noticed any issues with any
non-KDE applications (and I have looked :))  It doesn't seem to matter
which icon set I use.
Before I bothered you all, I tried recompiling Bibletime and Krename, to
no avail.
My distribution is Fedora Core 1, with all official updates installed.
My version of KDE is 3.2.1, from the official KDE RPM's for Fedora Core.
 The site I got them from was "ftp.kde.org"
I have not reported this as a bug yet, because I wanted to find out if
there was some real dumb mistake that I made.  If it's not my fault, or
if I don't hear from anyone soon, I will report this as a bug :)
Oh yeah, one more thing: I installed every RPM that was in the Fedora
Core RPM directory.  Also, I used "rpm -Uvh" (since there are some new
RPM's this time around), without any "--force" or "--nodeps" flags.  The
installation proceeded without a hitch :)

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help :)
Steven P. Ulrick