About KDE 3.2.1 on Fedora Core 1

Marian POPESCU softexpert at libertysurf.fr
Wed Mar 10 15:03:54 GMT 2004

Hi,

I updated this morning my KDE 3.2 to 3.2.1 release and here are some
remarks:

1. Installation went well, without a hitch;

2. Fonts rendering changed again in 3.2.1: by default anti-aliasing is
enabled and there is no way to retrieve the sharp - clear rendering from
3.2. (see this:
http://perso.netpratique.fr/softexpert/img/KDE/FontRendering2.png). Why?

3. From time to time, the system gives the impression that it freezes
completely, only to continue normally after 10-25 seconds. Weird ...

4. Icons are missing (see this image:
http://perso.netpratique.fr/softexpert/img/KDE/IconsMissing.png).

5. Font rendering causes as well some weird size calculations for menus (see
this image:
http://perso.netpratique.fr/softexpert/img/KDE/FontRendering1.png).

My Fedora Core has the following configuration:
kernel: 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
freetype: freetype-2.1.7-2 (compiled for athlon with bytecode interpreter
enabled)

I reinstalled everything a week ago and I managed to have wonderfull fonts.
It was PERFECT. Now I have again the strange antialiasing stuff ...

What is wrong with this update?
Please help!

Marian