Konqueror behaviour with HTTP Authentication

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 16:15:07 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 16:15, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Why do you think that? It would be more logical if your software would send a
> different HTTP realm for each group that requires a different authentication.

OK, that's at least something I can work with - thanks for the pointer
:)

> And things would work better as well if you would send the correct
> "authentication denied" HTTP message when the http authentication fails.

The HTTP authentication /doesn't/ fail - the association between 'group
number' and user/password is a little clumsy I admit, but the actual
authentication is succeeding.

Out of interest, is there a means by which I can <sigh> emulate the
behaviour of Internet Explorer and have all previous HTTP user/pass
combinations flushed upon the opening of a new browser window?

Cheers,
Gavin.