Updating menu in KDE 3.2

Rashid N. Achilov shelton at sentry.granch.ru
Thu Mar 4 06:04:44 GMT 2004

We continue tunung a KDE 3.2...

About menu editing: I found a reason, why menu didn't updated. When I save new
configuration in KMenuEdit, it saves new *.desktop files, but, when only icon
was changed (no deleting/adding) DO NOT INCLUDE link to updated .desktop file
in menu configuration file applications-kmenuedit.menu! So, when kbuildsycoca
runs, it caching old .desktop file. When include this file by editing .menu
file manually and later manually run kbuildsycoca - changes are visible.

Also, KAppfinder using old format to save located apps - $KDEHOME/share/applnk
instead of new format $XDG_DATA_HOME/share/applications
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://granch.ru/~shelton