Tuning KDE 3.2

Rashid N. Achilov shelton at sentry.granch.ru
Wed Mar 3 13:22:03 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 19:17, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wed March 3 2004 12:37, Rashid N. Achilov wrote:
> > > These are new cross-desktop standards. See e.g.
> > > http://freedesktop.org/Standards/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-0.6.html
> >
> > Standard is well. But when I'd like keep old behavior, can I do it?
>
> Stay with KDE 3.1 :-) Old files in the old locations should still be read in
> 3.2 though.

Noway. New versions will bring new functionality :-) I have read standard
already and set correspond environment variables. No more .local and .config
dirs, thank you for information. Alas, kfontinst still insist on .fonts dir,
I decide to comment line in source code to deny .fonts producing.

> > One more question: KMail starts automatically, in spite of setting "start
> > with empty session". It missed in Autostart, of course. Where keep list of
> > programs, which should start automatically next login?
>
> $KDEHOME/share/config/ksmserverrc I assume.

No, alas. I know this location and delete kmail before start wiritng here. Now
I try re-login with denied kmail to autostart in Advanced line
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://granch.ru/~shelton