Tuning KDE 3.2

Rashid N. Achilov shelton at sentry.granch.ru
Wed Mar 3 09:13:41 GMT 2004

Recently I have upgraded KDE up to 3.2. That was good. And immediately I was
trapped by some bunch of some strange problems, where didn't appeared in KDE
3.1.x.

1. In home directory appear dirs .fonts, .config, .local. Why it appeared in
root of home directory, not $KDEHOME? ($KDEHOME set).

2. KFontInst read $KDEHOME/share/fonts, but insist on creating empty .fonts
directory. When it cannot create this directory, link to fonts:/Personal do
not work.

3. KMenuEdit insist on creating .config and .local directories to keeping
changed menu elements, but these changing do not appear in menu! Why? Even
running kbuildsycoca manually.

4. Where keeping desktop positions now? In KDE 3.1.x desktop icons positions
were kept in .directory file in $HOME/Desktop, where it now?
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://granch.ru/~shelton