Prob building kdevelop using konstruct

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Mar 2 02:04:00 GMT 2004

Job 317 wrote:
> Help,
>
> I am installing KDE3.2 on a RedHat 9 box using konstruct. So far, so
> good but when I cd to the ~/konstruct/apps/kdevelop directory and
> execute 'make install' I get a Berkeley DB configuration error:
>
> checking for Berkeley DB >= 3... configure: error: no - please install
> Berkeley DB _= 3
>
> 'rpm -qa | grep -i db' returns:
> db4-4.0.14-20

Very good!  You found your problem.  You don't have db4-devel-4.0.14-20

> As a sanity check I also built the db-4.2.52.tar.gz package using the
> standard 'make; make install' command and still no luck with building
> kdevelop.

That didn't work because it (as default) installs it in:
"/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/" and configure won't find it unless told where
to look.

So, either install the 'devel' package and remove the version built from
source, or remove the RPM and tell the configure script, and the linker
where to find BerkeleyDB.

	./configure --with-db-dir=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2 \
	--with-extra-includes=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include \
	--with-extra-libs=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib

You might or might not need the second and third ones depending on what
configure is doing.

Then [as root], add this to: "ld.so.conf":

	/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib

and execute:

	ldconfig

--