Howto make web browser konqueror enabled for Java Web Start

John Zoetebier john.zoetebier at transparent.co.nz
Tue Jun 29 23:07:23 BST 2004

James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> John Zoetebier wrote:
>> What I did is:
>>
>> Go to Settings > Configure Konqueror > File Associations
>> Add under Application type x-java-jnlp-file
>> Filename patterns: *.jnlp
>> Application: javaws
>>
>> This works fine under Opera.
>> However, wehn I click on a demo applcation on page
>> http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/demos.html Konqueror does not
>> start Java Web Start.
>> How can I get Konqueror to start Java Web Start ?
>
> This is not related to your bank problem, but it is an interesting
> problem.
>
> It doesn't work for me in Mozilla either.
>
> I will look into this.
>
> When you use Opera, does it run *in* the browser or does it start as an
> independent application?

Starts outside browser in javaws window.
You can enable Java Web start in Mozilla via Edit > Preferences > Helper
Application
Mime type: application/x-java-jnlp-file
Extension: jnlp
Application: <path/to/javaws> : substitute your path to javaws, can be found
in j2sdk/jre/javaws folder.

--
John Zoetebier