css position atribute in konqueror

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 14:23:03 BST 2004

Hello,

I'm trying to convert an existing website into XHTML +
CSS. I do this with some book in one hand and my
sourcefiles on the PC in Kate. Just to tell you that
all this is relatively new to me.

I just wondered if there is an issue with displaying
stuff in konqueror when a position attribute has been
defined. I try to do this to achieve some sort of
menu. I have the relevant bit of code at the end.

In konqueror there is no effect, i.e. the 'menu'
displays somewhere in the middel of the page. In Opera
everything displayes just fine. I have tried plauing
around with the parameters, changing to px to indicate
positions, there doesn't seem to be an effect. In
Opera the changes are ok.

So I wondered if there is some known problem with this
feature? Or something else that I overlooked.

Thanks for your help

Marc

This is my code :

body {
    padding-left: 11em;
    color: #000066;
    background-color: #ffcc66;
    background-image: url(Prentjes/achtergrond1.jpg);
    font-family: tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; }

<!-- logo -->
<!-- hoofdmenu -->
ul.hoofdmenu {
    font: large;