What is Kolab server

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Jun 28 13:16:19 BST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 14:07, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2004 11:57, B.W.H. van Beest wrote:
> > Not very informative website. Still unclear what it is!
>
> From the homepage:
>
> Kolab is a secure, scalable and reliable groupware server.
>
> I think it is a piece of software, which allows people to share information
> you usually use when working together, like: adressbook, mails(?), calendar
> (events), etc.
> AFAIK people

It is also special configuration of a couple of standard servers for IMAP,
LDAP, etc, so they work together and can be managed from a single user
interface (currently AFAIK only web frontend for administration)

If you have any more questions about details, you could ask on the
kdepim-users mailinglist

Here is an online presentation on Kolab:
http://www.sourcextreme.com/presentations/plug-03032004/

Cheers,
Kevin

--