JuK and GStreamer?

Nathan Toone nathan at toonetown.com
Sun Jun 27 05:11:24 BST 2004

> How can I make JuK use GStreamer instead of aRts?

I just messed around with this today and got it working...

You need to install gstreamer < version 0.8 (which is the current version)  I
installed 0.6.4

Make sure you install the plugins.  At the very least, you need the volume
plugin and the mad plugin.

You also need to install the gstreamer bindings from kdenonbeta.
(kdenonbeta/gst).  This won't compile without the kdeutils package from
kdenonbeta as well.

I'm using gentoo, so it was as simple as the following:

emerge "<=media-libs/gstreamer-0.8" "<=media-libs/gst-plugins-0.8"
"<=media-plugins/gst-plugins-mad"
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at bluemchen.kde.org:/home/kde co kdenonbeta/kdeutils
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at bluemchen.kde.org:/home/kde co kdenonbeta/gst
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at bluemchen.kde.org:/home/kde co kdenonbeta/admin
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at bluemchen.kde.org:/home/kde co -l kdenonbeta
cd kdenonbeta
make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure && make && make install

NOW rebuild juk... :)  When you restart it, there will be an option under
Settings | Output To> | Gstreamer.

I don't know how to get it working with a different distribution...what one
are you using?

-Nathan