can not compile kde, some xmkmf problem

LeVA leva at az.isten.hu
Thu Jun 24 14:28:14 BST 2004

> [...]
> checking for xmkmf... /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf
> checking various X settings... failed
> configure: error: /usr/X11R6/bin/xmkmf (imake) failed.
> Make sure you have all necessary X development packages installed.
> On some systems a missing /lib/cpp symlink is at fault.

Hi!

I figured out what is the problem, but I don't know how to fix it:
After the ./configure in the kdebase dir, I get this message:

checking for X... libraries /usr/X11/lib, headers .

So the configure script didn't find the header files. It is interesting,
because I have the header files in my /usr/X11R6/include directory.

Anyone knows, what this configure script is looking for? What is it
checking? Maybe it is a missing .h file, or something else?

Thanks for any help!

Daniel

--
LeVA