crazy double-doings all over kde3.2.3

daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 23 05:59:49 BST 2004

On June 22, 2004 08:48 pm, Peter van der Male wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:19, daniel wrote:
> > i'm running gentoo and just upgraded to kde 3.2.3....  and this version
> > is more bug-ridden than 3.2.2!  the most annoying issue has got to bee
> > the double-ness of all my inputs.  hitting "ctrl+w" to close a file in
> > kate, closes that file and the one immediately following it.  sometimes,
> > hitting a single quote (') will give me two, and in each case, the cpu
> > load spikes for half a second.
> >
> > hitting "ctrl+e" to view source in konqueror will sometimes open 3 or 4
> > copies of the source and there's a variety of other double-ness-es that
> > are driving me mad.
> >
> > now, rather than just switching back to version 3.2.2, i'd like to help
> > the devs figure this particular annoyance out, but i'm not sure how to
> > describe this to bugs.kde.org.  is the above all that i can supply or is
> > there additional info i could find somewhere?
>
> I'm on gentoo with kde 3.2.3 on kernel 2.6.7 and see none of this
> behaviour, it really sounds like a keyboard problem, try with a different
> keyboard and see if that helps.

the chunky-ness is also evident in the mouse behaviour, so i doubt it's a
keyboard issue.  i'm also having the issue (to a lesser extent since it's a
better box) at work so i doubt it's hardware related.

which kernel sources are you using?  i'm running linux-2.4.26-gentoo-r2 but
i'm about to try out vanilla-2.4.26 and i'll let you know how things go. i'm
too scared to try the move to udev.

--
travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our
people need it sorely on these accounts.  broad, wholesome, charitable views