crazy double-doings all over kde3.2.3

daniel danstemporaryaccount at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 22 19:19:41 BST 2004

i'm running gentoo and just upgraded to kde 3.2.3....  and this version is
more bug-ridden than 3.2.2!  the most annoying issue has got to bee the
double-ness of all my inputs.  hitting "ctrl+w" to close a file in kate,
closes that file and the one immediately following it.  sometimes, hitting a
single quote (') will give me two, and in each case, the cpu load spikes for
half a second.

hitting "ctrl+e" to view source in konqueror will sometimes open 3 or 4 copies
of the source and there's a variety of other double-ness-es that are driving
me mad.

now, rather than just switching back to version 3.2.2, i'd like to help the
devs figure this particular annoyance out, but i'm not sure how to describe
this to bugs.kde.org.  is the above all that i can supply or is there
additional info i could find somewhere?

--
don't go around saying the world owes you a living.
the world owes you nothing.