Something's eating my Win key

Brian S. Stephan bssteph at irtonline.org
Fri Jun 18 05:04:26 BST 2004

So I have this Win key that, as foul as it is, comes in handy sometimes to
browse the KDE menu with the keyboard. Unfortunately something is
overriding/cancelling that functionality (and only that functionality) and I
can't determine what. If I rm my entire config directory it works, but I'd
rather not do that.

Layouts are disabled, Keyboard Shortcuts is "KDE Default for 4 Modifier
Keys" (and it seems this is what I want, other users with this setting have a
working Win key too), and as far as I can tell everything in KHotKeys is
disabled. I must mention that the key _works_. I see it in xev, other actions
such as Win+Tab work fine, it's just simple Win that is missing.

Does anyone have an idea as to what config could be eating this action before
I go hunting with extreme prejudice?

TIA,
Brian