Video previews ?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Jun 17 07:38:54 BST 2004

Martin Koller wrote:
> On Monday 14 June 2004 01:16, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Martin Koller wrote:
>>
>>>Hi list,
>>>
>>>I was wondering how a video preview would look like and gave it a try
>>>(that is: I activated the preview for Video files, set the max. filesize
>>>for previews to about 60 MBs) and opened a directory with konqueror which
>>>contains some .mpg, .avi, .asf files in icon-view mode and waited ...
>>>Nothing happens.
>>>Question: What _should_ happen ?
>>
>>They should show up as the first frame replacing the icon.
>

> Hmm ..  I get nothing but always the same "video" icon.
> Any ideas what might be wrong ?

I have KDE-3.2.3 and it works over 90% of the time, but I wouldn't say that the
feature is 100% yet.  However, the problems I have had are with video clips that
wouldn't play with a KDE application (using aRts/Xine).

You can try turning it off and then back on and/or click the: "Reload" button on
the toolbar.

--
JRT