KMail: draft message lost

Theo Schmidt tschmidt at mus.ch
Tue Jun 15 16:13:55 BST 2004

Am Monday 14 June 2004 19.10 schrieb Kevin:
> I'm using KMail 1.6.2 on KDE 3.2.2 to connect to a Cyrus IMAP server
> that I operate.

I'm using KMail 1.5.2 on KDE 3.2.2 but have a similar problem.

> ...I opened a message in my
> draft folder (one I've spent about 4-6 hours composing), made some
> changes to it, then attempted to store it in the draft message folder
> again using the "Message->Save in Drafts Folder" menu item...

In my case it *seemed* to save, but didn't. When I closed Kmail and reopened
it later, my draft was gone and nowhere to be found. The error is
reproducible, so what I do is not to put anything in the To: field. Then I
try to send the mail, and Kmail asks whether I would like to save it in the
drafts folder. I click yes, and it is then really saved.

Another mistake is that my Kmail reproducibly crashes without saving if I try
to print a mail. Anybody here have this one?

Theo Schmidt