KDE 3.2.3 upgrade question

Marc Heyvaert marc_heyvaert at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 18:48:17 BST 2004

Hello,

Perhaps unrelated, but if you have the development
packages installed on your original system, be sure to
upgrade thos too, at the same time as the normal
packages or you will have this type of error.

Usually (I'm still running 8.2, and have upgraded a
couple of times), I just save all packages (devel,
base and applications) in one subdir. Then I change
the sources for software installation (one of the SuSE
menus) to include this subdirectory, and I remove the
settings from the previous upgrade, but I leave the
pointer to my DVD. This in cas I install something for
which I need supplementary packages. Next I start the
Yast Software Installation module. All upgradable
packages will be in blue and I click to get the symbol
to upgrade those. After this you may still have
dependency warnings, but if they are from something
that you don't use (postgres in my case) you can just
ignore them.

Hope this helps

Marc