KMail is a good... BUG

Alexander Nordström alexander.nordstromNOSPAM at tpg.com.au
Tue Jun 8 21:17:15 BST 2004

On Tuesday, 8 Jun 2004 20:27, thujan wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 June 2004 13:44, Alexander Nordström wrote:
> > Now, of course, HTML e-mail is evil and should not be used.
>
> I agree.
> Is there any way to set filter in Kmail to direct all html containing
> messages in to trash without displaying them?
> In my setup I unfortunately see the html source code :(

You should be able to set up a filter that, if <message> contains
wastebin, applied on arrival of new mails. Note that this will also delete
multipart HTML messages with a plain text version, and you may or may not
want to do this. Do this at your own risk, and verify manually that you're
not losing anything of value.

I can't see a reason why it wouldn't be technically possible to set it up to
filter only messages where the HTML part is the first or only section of the
e-mail using regular expressions, but it would probably be quite involved to
construct and time consuming when receiving your mail. Generally, you only
want to apply regular expressions to headers, and KMail does not appear to
consider Content-type strings headers for filtering purposes since they don't
necessarily appear at the top of the message.

Another solution would be to have another program filter your mail and
actually strip off the markup before reading in KMail.

--
Alex Nordstrom