Looking for KMenu/panel options

Brian S. Stephan bssteph at irtonline.org
Fri Jun 4 00:37:23 BST 2004

Hi list,

Talking to someone else about desktop customization, we came across a couple
desires we couldn't find options for. Do any of the following exist?

1) An option for the taskbar (external or internal) to only show the
application icon

2) An option so KMenu only shows the menu icon instead of the icon and
name/description

3) The ability to add bookmarks to the panel as _specific_ buttons.

I thought I'd seen #1 before. #2 doesn't seem terribly useful (and I agree),
but it came up while talking.

#3 sounds possible. As Add -> Application Button essentially loads "All
Applications" from KMenu, I tried adding Bookmarks to the KMenu via KMenu
config, but that puts it under Actions, so it can't be done that way. The
intent of this was to have buttons in the panel that opened specific
directories. There's Add -> Bookmarks, but that adds an icon which displays
the entire bookmark list.

If I've missed options for any of these, please let me know.

TIA

Brian