Where to report sites that render bad in konqueror?

Jonathan Rawle jr36 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 14:41:08 BST 2004

Gavin Hamill wrote:

> This is pure hypothesis, but I expect Apple are more politically motivated
> to ensure that Safari 'just works' than to ride a moral high horse and 'do
> it right' as a fully open project like KDE / Konqueror may do.
>
> As such, Apple will probably have included code that makes it fall back to
> acting as Mozilla or MSIE so that sites with poor code render properly.
> The real world is not interested in whether the technology behind the page
> is XHTML compliant or not - only if it looks and works right.

Mozilla is actually the most standards-compliant browser there is.

MSIE is a very poor browser, and doesn't support many nice features of CSS
that allow clean and attractive website design (child selectors and fixed
positioning are high up on my list). However, pages without these features
work fine on browsers such as Konqueror.

As I said, most of the problems in Konqueror are Javascript-related, and
there's simply no real standard for Javascript. I'd be great if the
Javascript in Konqueror copied Mozilla or even MSIE - those of us who write
proper web pages don't use it anyway.

Jonathan