Where to report sites that render bad in konqueror?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 13:37:32 BST 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 13:28, kde at schertell.com wrote:
> >they are saying that they don't want Konqueror (and probably
> > Apple Safari) users as their customers!
>
> This is the part I can't figure out!  If the Safari/Konqueror relationship
> is supposed to be mutually beneficial to KHTML, how come so many websites
> are broken in Konqueror and work fine in Safari?

This is pure hypothesis, but I expect Apple are more politically motivated to
ensure that Safari 'just works' than to ride a moral high horse and 'do it
right' as a fully open project like KDE / Konqueror may do.

As such, Apple will probably have included code that makes it fall back to
acting as Mozilla or MSIE so that sites with poor code render properly. The
real world is not interested in whether the technology behind the page is
XHTML compliant or not - only if it looks and works right.

My 2 cents...

Cheers,
Gavin.