Konqueror/kdesktop moving icons

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Tue Jun 1 21:51:52 BST 2004

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:04:30 -0400
Chad Robinson <crj at lucubration.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to prevent icons from shifting around all the time?
> Every time I save a file to my desktop from Mozilla or OpenOffice.org
> all of my icons get moved around. I could tolerate this for documents
> but when I have to go hunting to find my trash bin, and when you can
> never predict where a new icon will appear, it starts to get really
> irritating. Can icons be locked?
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

Hello, Everyone :)
Interesting question.  I have found that whenever I logout, and log back
in, I find that my icons have moved.  I don't know when this started.  I
am now running Fedora Core 2, full installation (not an upgrade), all
released (and unreleased) updates applied.  My QT is from TrollTech's
current stable version, compiled from source.  And my version of KDE is
from CVS HEAD.

As far as Chad's statement about can they be locked, I want to clarify
that this behavior, as far as I've noticed (RedHat 7 through Fedora Core
2, including all stops inbetween) this is new behavior.  I have never
had any issues before with moving icons.

Have a Great Day :)
Steven P. Ulrick