3.3-beta2, formatting bug, crash

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Jul 29 00:37:24 BST 2004

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 13:33, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I finally got a build of kde3.3-beta2!  BUT...
>
> In the new kmail-1.6.82, is there any way I can shrink the header
> display?
>
> Its stuck in that 'led' font, at 29 points, and is taking up 40% of
> my screen height when set to fancy.  Other settings do not change
> this font.  This is not good.  Or do I need to wipe it and restart
> the build again?  Its only taken 2 weeks, a new mobo, cpu, memory and
> a bigger psu to get this far.

That's maybe a font substitution problem although for the fancy headers
the same font as for the Message Body should be used. I guess you tried
to change the fonts in the KMail configuration dialog. Can you make a
screenshot?

> The crash was I think kernel related, and I'm doing kernel builds
> testing theories now.  I'm gettings an Oops in prune_dcache because
> the free list contains a null pointer, which stops the machine cold.
> I was in control center, Appearance and Themes, and had clicked on
> Window decorations, its got 14% loaded and boom, clock stopped.

A user space application is not able to crash the kernel unless there's
a bug in the kernel.

Regards,
Ingo