Disable Spell Checker

Jeff Bailey jeff at ecommerce.com
Mon Jul 26 12:44:28 BST 2004

Hello, sorry if this has been asked about before, but I did not see anyone
else with this problem on the list and it is driving me nuts.

Here is my KDE config first.

Fedora Core 2 dist, latest.

KDE Release 3.2.2-6

konqueror --version
Qt: 3.3.2
KDE: 3.2.2-6 Red Hat
Konqueror: 3.2.2-4 Red Hat

What I want to do is disable the spell checker completely.  I believe it is
the reason that konqueror hangs when viewing pages that have text boxes with
several lines of text in them.

I have a co-worker that has an 'auto check' enable disable option in konqueror
but he is using a beta version of kde.  I do not see _anywhere_ an option to
disable this feature.

I'm assuming that the ability to disable this is not present in my version of
KDE.  If this is the case then fine, I'll update the necessary package(s),
but if not it where the heck is the as-you-type enable/disable section?  How
can I disable this ? :)  If this is not possible to disable in this version
which packages are required to be updated?

Thanks in advance,
-Jeff

--
-Jeff