New konstruct for 3.3beta dies

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 25 17:39:58 BST 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 10:21, Waldo Bastian wrote:

>On Sunday 25 July 2004 15:54, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Wednesday 21 July 2004 20:34, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>> There have been no replies in 4 days, is this not the correct list
>> for such messages?
>
>You can try kde-devel at kde.org
>
>It seems to be a problem with your FreeType library.

Thats freetype-2.1.4, with the -devel and -utils of the same version
also installed, and an "rpm -V packagename" returns nothing on any of
them.  Wrong, outdated version maybe?

Thanks Waldo

I've found and installed freetype-2.1.9, using checkinstall to make an
rpm from the made tarball.

Oh, what about the failed site for graphviz?  It appears that AT&T has
taken it down or something, I cannot even ping it although it does
yet resolve to a valid ipv4 address.  Where is the retry counter in
the konstruct-unstable files?, I'd like to turn it down to 2 or so
since it will be many minutes before the last try (20?) times out and
I can see if the new freetype works.  In the meantime the psu on this
box looks like the 5 volt line is sagging so I have to go get
another, bigger one I guess.

I'll pick this back up when I get back with, and have installed the
new one.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.