Changing the name of auto-mounted icons

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Sun Jul 25 00:00:16 BST 2004

Hello,

I'm running KDE 3.2.2 with a kernel 2.6.7, and my CD drives appear
automagicaly on the desktop. The only "problem" is that they have unpalatable
names, such as "CD-ROM (cdrom) [/mnt/cdrom].

Is there a way to change this and have them names, e.g., "CD-ROM"?  Note that
I don't know if this is a srtictly KDE related issue or if this has to do
with the distribution used (in my case the Debian based Mepis), so I assume
it is KDE related.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein