Remote desktop - usage and documentation

Izo I at siol.net
Thu Jul 22 10:55:02 BST 2004

First of all, there is to be clarified whether you use rdp or vnc
client. They base on different protocols and codebase.

rdesktop: yes, in the version provided by KDE, keyboard is dead - try to
maximize to whole screen using the mouse and control on the top of the
window or whatever - it helps with my version (KDE-3.2.0-rc1); described
behaviour does not appear when using rdesktop compiled from
www.rdesktop.org version 1.3.1 sources.

vnc: make sure that the vnc server allows you to control mouse and/or
keyboard

Hope it helps !

Izo