Remote desktop - usage and documentation

Larry Howe larry.howe at comjet.com
Wed Jul 21 07:25:40 BST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to use the remote desktop. I can connect fine to the other
computer, but then I can't do anything. I can see the screensaver of the
remote machine. But the mouse and keyboard don't work. Are they supposed to
work? The documentation seems to be broken, both that which comes with Suse
9.1 and also what is on the kde.org website. I was hoping to find some magic
incantation that transfers control to my mouse, or some such thing, but when
I get to the page in the docs called "Controlling the Remote Desktop
Connection", the link is broken in all versions of the docs that I can find,
online or otherwise. Also there seems to be an indication that this is based
on VNC, so I went to their website. Didn't find any docs there either on how
to use it!!

Larry