cannot download a zip file in konq

Martin Koller m.koller at surfeu.at
Sun Jul 11 16:32:37 BST 2004

On Sunday 11 July 2004 16:12, John Sowden wrote:
> when browsing the net using suse v8.0/konq, and I attempt to download a
> .zip file, I either get:
>
> a dialog box asking if I wish to open or save to disk-no problem, or
>
> a dialog box asking me which application to open the zip with.  Of course I
> do not want to open it, I want to save it.
>
> thoughts?

I think what happens depends on the Content-Type header the HTTP server sends
your browser.
When you want to save it, you can always right click and select "Save link
as..."

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

       Some operating systems are called 'user friendly',
             Linux however is 'expert friendly'.