[suse-kde] Kmail

Jim MacLeod j75trym at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 20:39:29 BST 2004

On Tuesday 06 Jul 2004 20:05, Bill Wisse wrote:
> >  cp -a ~/Mail ~/Mail.bak
> >
> >Then delete the index files:
> >
> >  rm ~/Mail/.*.index*
>
> Hi Nils
> When I try this (root) , I get,  cannot remove ~/Mail. Is a directory.
> rm: cannot remove `.*.index*': No such file or directory

All the folders & files in /Mail are the users so you don't need to be root.
Can I suggest using Konqueror as file manager, select View - Show Hidden Files
so you get all the .files then go into Mail. I deleted a Sent index then
closed/re-opened Kmail. The mails were still there but I noticed
a .sorted.idx file had gone but the index was back.
Copy some mail to a new folder have a play!!!

> /bill
Jim