Problems with Modification time in the future?

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Sat Jan 31 15:17:10 GMT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:03:54 +0100
Martin Koller <m.koller at surfeu.at> wrote:

> On Friday 30 January 2004 08:51, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > Hello, Everyone :)
> > Has anyone other than myself been having problems, while compiling
> > KDE from the source code, with a warning that says that the
> > modification time is in the future?  I have experimented by
> > compiling non-kde applications from source, and I never see such a
> > warning. If you can give me wisdom on this subject, I would greatly
> > appreciate it.
>
> Did you check the file modification time of some source files with "ls
> -l" compared to what "date" gives ?
>
> > On the same subject, has anyone but me been having trouble with
> > their clock since updating to KDE 3.2rc1?  My issues with the above
> > mentioned modification time issue began almost immediately after I
> > compiled KDE from source.  Despite my most valiant efforts, my time
> > zone reads as"UTC" instead of "CST"  I am in the same time zone as
> > Chicago, IL, which is Central Standard Time.
>
> Where do you see the "UTC" timezone ? In KDE or in a shell ?
Hello, Martin :)
I see the "UTC" timezone in KDE and in a shell:

[steve at localhost steve]$ date
Sat Jan 31 15:14:01 UTC 2004

As far as the other question you asked is concerned, since the last time
I tried setting the clock, everything's been fine (except for one
time/modification error), so I haven't had a chance yet to do that.  But
even after that last, apparently successful, setting of the time, the
timezone remains "UTC", as quoted above.

Thank you for your help so far, and I'll continue to do whatever I can
to find out what's going on :)

Steven P. Ulrick