Problems with Modification time in the future?

Steven P. Ulrick ulrick2 at faith4miracle.org
Fri Jan 30 07:51:14 GMT 2004

Hello, Everyone :)
Has anyone other than myself been having problems, while compiling KDE
from the source code, with a warning that says that the modification
time is in the future?  I have experimented by compiling non-kde
applications from source, and I never see such a warning.
If you can give me wisdom on this subject, I would greatly appreciate
it.

On the same subject, has anyone but me been having trouble with their
clock since updating to KDE 3.2rc1?  My issues with the above mentioned
modification time issue began almost immediately after I compiled KDE
from source.  Despite my most valiant efforts, my time zone reads as
"UTC" instead of "CST"  I am in the same time zone as Chicago, IL, which
is Central Standard Time.

I apologize if this appears to ramble, but I have so much that I could
say about this issue, that I will only lay it all on you if you say that
you really want to hear it all :)  Suffice to say, I have never had any
issues like this before, and I have not knowingly changed anything
realating to my time zone.  My experience with Linux over the years has
been that I set my time zone when I install the OS, and it just works :)
In closing, I want to make clear that I really do love KDE, and the
reason why I continue to fight this issue is that I have learned that
however much I love KDE, the versions that ship with my distro just
can't compare to the official versions of KDE :)

If you have any questions for me relating to the issue mentioned in the
subject line of this e-mail, let me know and I'll be glad to answer
them.  If you have any links to bug reports that I can add my comments
to, let me know, I would love to be of assistance :)

Steven P. Ulrick