kio_thumbnail

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jan 20 00:38:42 GMT 2004

Chris wrote:
> This process seems to start on its own at various times.  When running it
> uses up almost 100% of my cpu resources.  Whats its purpose?  Tried
> google.com/linux with no real understandable results.  I'm running Mandrake
> 9.0 with KDE 3.0.3

IIUC, it is the process that produces the thumbnails in the Konqueror icon view mode for
the previews.

While it is running it would be normal for it to take almost 100% of your CPU but it
should only run with high CPU usage while previews are replacing icons in Konqueror.  If
it is running that way at other times, this is a problem.

--
JRT