Add lowlevel hotkey import function - Was khotkeys stopped working after upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4

Michael Frank mhf at linuxmail.org
Wed Jan 14 06:54:16 GMT 2004

On Monday 22 December 2003 11:18, Michael Frank wrote:
> khotkeys stopped working after upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.1.4
> Same result on two x86 linux machines.
>
> What can be wrong?

Meanwhile I figured out what is wrong.

My hotkeys file contains exclusively references to shell scripts (66 entries in all).

These are rejected in 3.1.4 but were fine until including 3.1.2.

The shell scripts are also used for kde apps to handle switching of desktops, setup,
eventual user changes (for IRC for instance I use a seperate user for security reasons)

And yes, I know one could create 66 non-kde app entries "the point and click way", but
I really prefer to edit/generate _one_ low level file to suit these needs in an
efficient and maintainable manner.

I do also appreciate developer priorities as most users work the modern way.

Would it be acceptable to add a function importing user specified hotkeys from a
file in which case I would produce a patch for 3.2?

Regards
Michael

[Main]
Num_Sections=66