[kde] Folders jumping up and down in CVS KMail

Henrique Pinto henrique.pinto at kdemail.net
Sat Jan 10 23:02:31 GMT 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 20:43, LeVA wrote:
> 2004. január 10. 21:02 dátummal Frank Hellmuth ezt írta:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm using KMail from CVS (last checkout yesterday). Since a few
> > weeks KMail sorts the folders in a way that folders which contain
> > unread messeges are at the end of the list (seperatly for each
> > level for folders in folders). That's quite annoying, since the
> > folder jumps up to it's original alphabetic postion if I read the
> > last unread message, so it's hard to remeber where a specific
> > folder is.
> >
> > Is this an intentional behavior or a bug, and if it's intentional
> > to turn it off?
> >
> > Frank
>
> I'm using a the kdepim-040109 snapshot, and I can't confirm this
> behaviour. Maybe you just need to upgrade you packages, and
> everything will be ok.

When I had this problem, I just had to click on the "Folders" header
at the top of the listview and everything was right again. It seems
that KMail is using the "not read" column for sorting the list. I
don't know whether the behavior was reverted or not, so I'm CC-ing
kmail-devel.

PS: If the signature for this message is invalid, that's not my fault.
All my messages to KDE mailinglists are getting invalid signatures,
even though the content doesn't seem to be different then what I sent
(mailman converting tabs to spaces or vice-versa?).

--
	Henrique Pinto
	henrique.pinto at kdemail.net